Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz: Selected Works (Norton Critical Ed...
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher does not allow content in this book to be copied and pasted.
Additional Book Details
A wealth of background and analytical material makes Sor Juana's proto-feminist writings, newly translated, all the more compelling.
2014 PEN USA Literary Award for Translation Finalist
This Norton Critical Edition includes:
· Edith Grossman’s acclaimed translations of the Tenth Muse’s best-known works.
· Introductory materials and explanatory footnotes by Anna More along with numerous images.
· Additional works by Sor Juana, related writings by Ovid, Saint Teresa of Ávila, and Diego Calleja, and historical interpretations.
· Seven critical essays by Marcelino Menéndez y Pelayo, Irving Leonard, Octavio Paz, Georgina Sabat de Rivers, Yolanda Martinez-San Miguel, Emilie Bergmann, and Charlene Villasenor Black.
· Diana Taylor’s interview with Jesusa Rodríguez about performing “First Dream.”
· A Chronology and Selected Bibliography.
|Sold By||W. W. Norton & Company|
|ISBNs||039392016X, 9780393920161, 0393522067, 9780393522068|
|Number of Pages||346|